Highest Standards of Excellence
ASHA certification stands for professional excellence that is achieved because of the following:
- ASHA-certified professionals acquire experience in an interdisciplinary setting alongside certified healthcare professionals over a course of 1,600+ hours.
- ASHA certification is the public’s assurance that an individual has voluntarily met rigorous, peer-developed and reviewed standards of a national professional body.
- ASHA-certified professionals possess the demonstrated knowledge and skills consistent with the ability to practice independently.
- The ASHA certification process is governed by a code of ethics that ensures members’ responsibility to patients and professionalism is honored to the highest degree.
- ASHA-certified professionals stay on top of developments in the practice of their professions through the professional education they pursue to maintain their certification.
- ASHA-certified professionals possess demonstrated skills derived from rigorous training and education, as well as experience treating students from a wide variety of backgrounds.